Eastman Resin Intermediates
HOME > 제품소개 > Eastman Resin Intermediates
Eastman™ CHDM-D CAS No.105-08-8
- Chemical and pharmaceutical intermediate
- Coatings resins for heat sensitive substrates
- Cosmetic polymer intermediate
- Polyester polyols for polyurethane coatings
- Polyester-melamine baking enamels
- Unsaturated polyester resins
- Waterborne polyester resins
- Excellent corrosion resistance in fiberglass-reinforced plastics
- Excellent hardness with some flexibility
- Good heat resistance and electrical properties
- High crystallinity
- High glass transition temperature relative to linear aliphatic glycols
- Highly reactive hydroxyl groups
Eastman™ CHDM-D is a symmetrical, high molecular weight cycloaliphatic glycol used to make saturated and unsaturated polyester resins. It is commonly used as a glycol modifier for resins containing Eastman NPG™ glycol.
Good chemical, stain, humidity, and corrosion resistance is achieved when using CHDM-D in polyester-melamine baking enamels for appliance, general metal, and automotive coatings. It delivers good hydrolytic stability to waterborne polyester resins. Durable polyester polyols for polyurethane coatings can be made for the industrial maintenance, transportation, automotive, and aerospace markets. It can also be used in unsaturated polyester resins for gel coats, sheet molding compounds, and injection moldable fiberglass-reinforced plastics.
Eastman™ CHDM-D is a mixture of cis and trans isomers. It is available in three forms:
• Cast solid in drums requiring a hot room or drum heater to melt the contents for removal.
• Bulk molten which requires a heated storage tank.
• CHDM-D90, a 90/10 weight percent solution of CHDM-D in water, which is liquid at room temperature for easier handling.
For more information, to request a sample, or to receive a copy of Eastman publication, Storage and Handling of 1,4-Cyclohexanedimethanol (CHDM), contact an Eastman Technical Service Representative.
|Property||Typical Value, Units|
|Hydroxyl Number(calculated, 100% solids)||778|
|Form||White waxy solid|
|ColorPt-Co||10 max. (molten)|
|Assay||98.5 wt % min.|
|Water||0.2 wt % max.|
|cis Isomer||31 wt %|
|Melting Point||41-61°C (106-142°F)|
|Freezing Point *a||24°C (75°F)|
|Boiling Point||284-288°C (543-550°F)|
|Viscosity *b @ 23°C||877 cP|
|Density *b @ 23°C||1023 g/L (8.54 lb/gal)|
Pensky-Martens Closed Cup
Cleveland Open Cup
|Specific Gravity@ 20°C/20°C||1.02|
*a CHDM-D typically supercools at 61°C (142°F) and solidifies at 24°C (75°F).
*b Viscosity and density of CHDM-D at 50°C (122°F) supercooled.
Properties reported here are typical of average lots. Eastman makes no representation that the material in any particular shipment will conform exactly to the values given.
Eastman and its marketing affiliates shall not be responsible for the use of this information, or of any product, method, or apparatus mentioned, and you must make your own determination of its suitability and completeness for your own use, for the protection of the environment, and for the health and safety of your employees and purchasers of your products. No warranty is made of the merchantability of fitness of any product, and nothing herein waives any of the Seller's conditions of sale.