Eastman Resin Intermediates
HOME > 제품소개 > Eastman Resin Intermediates
Eastman NPG™ Glycol Platelets
- Automotive OEM
- Intermediate for plasticizers
- Intermediate for synthetic lubricants
- Polyester polyols for polyurethane coatings
- Polyester powder coating resins
- Polyols for rigid and flexible polyurethane foams
- Reactive polyesters for melamine crosslinked high-solids and coil baking enamels
- Unsaturated polyesters used in gel coats and synthetic marble
- Excellent thermal stability for low resin color
- Excellent weathering
- Good chemical and stain resistance
- Good chemical, stain, and humidity resistance
- Good hardness/flexibility balance
- Ideal glass transition temperature range
- Outstanding powder flow and fluidization characteristics
- Outstanding weathering
- Rapid reactivity during esterification and cure
Eastman NPG™ glycol is the industry standard glycol component in high-quality polyester resins for industrial coatings and fiberglass-reinforced plastics applications. Most polyester resin formulations contain NPG as the sole glycol component, or it is used in conjunction with a modifying glycol to achieve desired properties.
NPG and Eastman™ PTA (Purified Terephthalic Acid) are the primary components for polyester powder coating resins. Eastman NPG™ delivers the overall toughness, stain and detergent resistance, and outdoor weathering performance required of coil coatings for appliances and products for exterior applications. Gel coats containing unsaturated polyesters made from NPG and Eastman™ PIA (Purified Isophthalic Acid) provide excellent weatherability and water and stain resistance.
Eastman NPG™ is also used in polyester polyols for polyurethane coatings for the automotive, industrial maintenance, transportation, and aerospace markets.
In the United States, neopentyl glycol may be lawfully used as a reactant for coatings and other products intended for use in contact with foods under specific federal food additive regulations. Contact an Eastman Technical Service Representative for more details.
Eastman NPG™ glycol is available in three forms:
• Platelets in bags that exhibit excellent caking stability on storage.
• Bulk molten shipped in tank trucks that require a heated tank for storage.
• Eastman NPG™ 90 glycol, a liquid at or above 38°C containing 90 parts NPG and 10 parts water, is delivered in bulk and can be stored at a much lower temperature than molten NPG.
For more information or to request a sample, contact an Eastman Technical Service Representative.
|Property||Typical Value, Units|
@ 25°C (77°F)
@ 38°C (100°F)
|Assay||99.0 wt % min.|
|Water||0.3 wt % max.|
|Color (50% Aqueous Solution), Pt-Co Scale||15 max.|
|Melting Point||124-130°C (255-266°F)|
|Boiling Point||210°C (410°F)|
|Specific Gravity@ 20°C/20°C||1.06|
|Bulk Density@ 21°C||660-690 kg/m3(41-43 lb/ft3)|
Tag Closed Cup
Cleveland Open Cup
|Autoignition Temperature||388°C (730°F)|
|Effects on Metals *a||No corrosive effect on mild steel or tin plate.|
*a Slightly corrosive to aluminum.
Properties reported here are typical of average lots. Eastman makes no representation that the material in any particular shipment will conform exactly to the values given.
Eastman and its marketing affiliates shall not be responsible for the use of this information, or of any product, method, or apparatus mentioned, and you must make your own determination of its suitability and completeness for your own use, for the protection of the environment, and for the health and safety of your employees and purchasers of your products. No warranty is made of the merchantability of fitness of any product, and nothing herein waives any of the Seller's conditions of sale.